Nerf Dart Tag 2011 Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, age 8 years as of August 19, 2011 to age 12 years as of August 20, 2011 ("Age Group 1") and age 13 years as of August 20, 2011 to age 17 years as of August 21, 2011 ("Age Group 2") for the Nerf Dart Tag 2011 Tournament Games (the "Tournament").
All entrants must obtain a parent's or legal guardian's permission to enter before entering this Contest.
Children of employees of Hasbro, Inc., Promotions.com, LLC, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and persons, whether or not related living in the same household as such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Entries will be divided into the following eight (8) Regions: Region 1 (Northeast): Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Region 2 (Atlantic): Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Region 3 (Southeast): Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida , Region 4 (Midwest): Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin Region 5 (Northern Midwest): Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas Region 6 (Southern Midwest): Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas Region 7 (Southwest):New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California, Hawaii Region 8 (Northwest): Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Alaska (each, a "Region").
2. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, visit Nerf.com, click on the contest icon, and follow the directions to register.
If you are under age 13 at the time of entry: First you will be asked to enter your date of birth, first name, and your parent's or legal guardian's email address after asking and receiving his/her permission to do so. Then you will be asked to answer five (5) multiple choice questions about Nerf Dart Tag. Finally, you will also be asked to write two (2) essays, each seventy five (75) words or less, that answer the following two (2) questions: 1.) Why is it "NERF or Nothin" in your life? And 2.) What skills do YOU possess that could make you a Dart Tag Champion? (collectively, "Essays"), and submit (from now on in these Official Rules, the word "Entry" will be used to describe collectively the completed entry form, your answers to the questions about Dart Tag, and the Essays).
IMPORTANT: The Essays should not include any personally identifiable information such as name, address, phone number or other such information. The answers to the multiple choice questions will be used only to help with a team assignment in order to make balanced teams should your Entry be selected as a winning Entry. The answers to the multiple choice questions will have no bearing on the judging of the Contest.
If you are at least 13 years old at the time of entry: You will be asked to follow the same steps outlined above but during registration you will also be asked to provide your first and last name, full street address, city, state, zip code, home phone number (including area code), and your email address. If you don't have your own email address you should give the same email address for yourself and your parent on the registration form.
For all Entrants: Your parent or legal guardian will be sent an email letting him/her know you have submitted an Entry in this Contest and he/she will be required to approve the Entry (see below in Entry Conditions for timing), grant permission to use the Entry and agree to these Official Rules in order for your Entry to be submitted into the Contest for judging as described below. By approving an Entry, parent or legal guardian agrees that you and one (1) parent or legal guardian are available and willing to travel to and have you participate in the Nerf Dart Tag 2011 Tournament in Orlando, FL on August 18 - 20, 2011 (if you are in Age Group 1) and on August 19 - 21, 2011 (if you are in Age Group 2) should you be selected as a winner in the Contest. Children ages under 13 years are not required to submit any personal information (other than first name and date of birth) to register. Entries from each Region will be divided into the two (2) Age Groups described in Rule 1.
Entries made using script, macro or other automated means or by any means which undermine the integrity of the entry process are void. Limit one (1) Entry per entrant email address (if applicable) and per person and five (5) entries per parent email address. Additional entries received from any person, entrant email address or parental email address will be void. All Entries become Sponsor's property and will not be returned. No Entries on behalf of another individual are permitted except for parent's entering on behalf of their children in Age Group 1. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant based on an email address, the Entry in question may be disqualified at Sponsor's sole discretion.
4. REQUIREMENTS OF ENTRIES: Entry must (i) be entrant's own original work, (ii) be in English, (iii) cannot have been previously published or submitted in connection with any other contest, (iv) be in keeping with the Sponsor's public image and the best interests of the Nerf Dart Tag brand and (v) not be offensive or inappropriate, in Sponsor's sole opinion, nor can it defame or infringe publicity rights or rights of privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or property rights or any other third party rights. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that it determines, in its sole opinion, is offensive or inappropriate, not in keeping with Sponsor's public image and the best interests of the Nerf Dart Tag brand, or that otherwise doesn't comply with these Official Rules.
5. ACKNOWLEDGMENT THAT SIMILAR ENTRIES MAY BE SUBMITTED BY OTHERS OR DEVELOPED INDEPENDENTLY BY SPONSOR: By submitting an Entry, you and your parent or legal guardian acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may receive many submissions in this Contest and that your Entry may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other Entries in this Contest or to entries in other contests involving the Sponsor, or to other ideas conceived by the Sponsor or provided to Sponsor by other persons. You and your parent or legal guardian waive any and all claims you or your parent or legal guardian may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any composition, product components, other materials or other works used by the Sponsor are similar or identical to your Entry.
6. USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting and Entry, you and your parent or legal guardian hereby grant permission for the Entry to be posted on www.nerf.com or other websites. Your and your parent's names and addresses will not be distributed or used on these websites. You and your parent or legal guardian agree that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. You and your parent or legal guardian agree that they will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks or any other website, without Sponsor's permission.
7. JUDGING: The judges' decisions will be final on all matters and neither the judges nor the sponsor will contact you or your parent or legal guardian with respect to the judging. All eligible Entries received for each Region will be judged by a panel of judges based on the following criteria: How creatively NERF branding is used in the answer to the first question; for example, the answer might include specific NERF Dart Tag products, activity related to other NERF products, NERF sponsored promotions that you may have seen and/or participated in, frequency of play, social media activity, and/or general NERF enthusiasm, etc. (this will count for 60% of the scoring), and why you specifically could be a Dart Tag champion; for example, your athleticism, brand loyalty to Nerf, commitment to charitable giving, commitment to family, etc. (this will count for 40% of the scoring). Total best possible score is one hundred (100). A minimum score of ten (10) out of one hundred (100) will be required for Entries to be eligible. Entries that score lower than ten (10) will be disqualified.
The two hundred (200) Entries in each Age Group with the highest scores in the combined Regions will be deemed Finalists (for a total of four hundred (400) Finalist Entries). Being a Finalist does not mean you are a winner of a prize. You must be selected as a Grand or First Prize winner to win a prize, subject to the terms of these Official Rules.
The eight (8) Finalist Entries in each Age Group in each Region (for 128 total) with the highest scores will be declared potential Grand Prize winners. If for any Age Group in any Region, there are fewer than eight (8) Finalist Entries, Sponsor reserves the right to use other Finalist Entries from other Regions in that Age Group to make up the difference. The next four (4) highest scoring Finalist Entries in each Age Group (for a total of 8) will be declared potential First Prize winners and serve as alternates. If Sponsor does not receive a sufficient number of Entries meeting the entry requirements, Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, select a fewer number of Finalists.
If there is a tie in any Category, the winner(s) will be determined based on the highest score for the criterion "How creatively NERF branding is used in the answer to the first question" - as defined above. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
8. FINALIST & WINNER NOTIFICATION: Judges' and Sponsor's decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Grand and First Prizes will be awarded to the entrant's parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all obligations of winners and signing and returning all documents required by the Sponsor. For the purpose of these Official Rules, "winner" will be deemed the parent/legal guardian and entrant together. Because the award of the prize will be time sensitive, Sponsor will notify four hundred (400) Potential Finalists' parents or legal guardians by overnight mail around the week of July 11, 2011. Potential Finalists' parents or legal guardians will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and publicity release (unless prohibited by law) which must be returned within ten (10) days of date appearing on the notification or prize will automatically be forfeited. Only one hundred twenty eight (128) Finalists will ultimately be deemed Grand Prize winners and only eight (8) Finalists will ultimately be deemed First Prize winners. NOT ALL FINALISTS WILL WIN A TRIP PRIZE TO ORLANDO, FL. Grand and First Prize winners will be contacted on or about August 1, 2011 by telephone. Any Finalist who is not contacted specifically by phone on or around August 1, 2011 is not a winner.
9. DISQUALIFICATION: Return of any Finalist notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential Finalist's parent or legal guardian within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules will result in disqualification. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. PRIZES: ONE HUNDRED TWENTY EIGHT (128) GRAND PRIZES (8 PER REGION IN EACH AGE GROUP FOR A TOTAL OF 64 PER AGE GROUP): A trip for winner and one (1) parent or legal guardian to Orlando, FL from August 18-20, 2011 (for winners who are 8 years as of 8/19/11 to 12 years as of 8/20/11) and August 19-21, 2011 (for winners who are 13 years as of 8/20/11 to age 17 years as of 8/21/11) for winner to participate in the Nerf Dart Tag 2011 Tournament for the opportunity to win $6,250 (awarded as a check). Trip consists of roundtrip, coach class air transportation from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner's residence to Orlando, FL, three (3) days two (2) nights standard hotel accommodations (one (1) room, double occupancy); roundtrip ground transfers between airport/hotel and hotel/Dart Tag Tournament, some meals for winner and parent, two (2) Disney Park Tickets for winner and parent (1 day park hopper tickets), t-shirt (for winner only), and the opportunity to participate in the Dart Tag Tournament for the chance to win $6,250 (awarded as a check). If winner resides within a 100-mile radius of destination, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided in lieu thereof. Maximum ARV of trip prize is $2,122. Maximum ARV of Grand Prize if winner is part of Championship Team and also wins $6,250 in cash is $8,372. Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Sponsor reserves right to change dates. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Guest must be parent or legal guardian of winner and of legal age of majority (and at least 18) and must sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor's designated agent, on a carrier of Sponsor's choice. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to transportation, meals, souvenirs, gratuities, baggage fees, etc. are the sole responsibility of the winners.
No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of prizes permitted by winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per email address and per person.
Participation in Nerf Dart Tag 2011 Tournament: Each Grand Prize winner will be assigned to a 4-member team ("Team") upon arrival in Orlando based on his/her answers to the questions provided at time of entry. The assignment of each Team to an Age Group will be based on the Team members' age at the time of the Tournament. Please see www.nerf.com for Official Rules that govern Tournament Play. The one (1) four (4) member Team in each Age Group that wins the overall Tournament will win $25,000 which will be split equally among the four (4) Team members ($6,250 per Team member awarded as a check to the winner's parent or legal guardian after the Tournament). Participants must comply with all Dart Tag Tournament rules and regulations or they may be disqualified.
EIGHT (8) FIRST PRIZES (4 PER AGE GROUP ACROSS ALL REGIONS): First Prize winners will act as alternates if a Grand Prize winner is unable to participate in the Tournament due to illness, injury, or any other unforeseen circumstances. First Prize winners will be assigned a number (#1 - #4) based on their Entry Score and will be called only if needed according to the number they were assigned. First Prize winners will receive the same trip as the Grand Prize winners but will act as spectators only and not participate in the Tournament unless called for the reasons noted above (see above for all prize details and requirements set forth herein). Maximum ARV of trip prize is $2,122.
Total ARV of all Prizes is $338,592.
11. AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY RULES: By participating, each entrant (and his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest.
12. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, each entrant (and his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees that Sponsor, Promotions.com, LLC, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the foregoing (collectively, "Released Parties") shall not be responsible for any or all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant's participation in the Contest, participation in the tournament, noncompliance with these Official Rules, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize, including any travel or activity related thereto .
13. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Each entrant (and his/her parent or legal guardian), agrees if selected as a winner, to the use of the child's name, Entry, voice, performance, photograph/video, image and/or likeness for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes connected to this Contest in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its selected entities, without compensation or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Each entrant (and his/her parent or legal guardian), agrees, if selected as a winner to participate in interviews and any other publicity in connection with the Contest and to execute and return any additional consents that may be required by Sponsor. By participating, entrant (and his/her parent or legal guardian) also agree not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Contest without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which it may withhold if it chooses to do so.
14. LICENSE TO USE ENTRIES: BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AND ENTRANT'S PARENT OR GUARDIAN GRANT TO SPONSOR A ROYALTY FREE AND FULLY PAID UP, IRREVOCABLE, PERPETUAL, AND WORLDWIDE LICENSE TO USE, EDIT, AND DISPLAY THE ENTRY ON NERF.COM, AND THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND OTHERWISE USE THE ENTRY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES, IN ANY AND ALL MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVISED, WITHOUT FURTHER COMPENSATION, PERMISSION OR NOTIFICATION TO ENTRANT, ENTRANT'S PARENT OR GUARDIAN OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
15. RELEASE OF TECHNICAL LIABILITIES: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete or damaged Entries or emails; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Persons who tamper with, abuse or undermine the integrity of any aspect of the Contest or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or violate these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void.
16. CONTEST TERMINATION/MODIFICATION: Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, or, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest (or portion thereof) and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) for the Age Group(s) and/or Region(s) at issue from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received for the applicable Age Group(s) and/or Region(s) prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above.
17. CHOICE OF LAW:'' All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
18. PERSONAL DATA: PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM ENTRANTS WILL ONLY BE USED TO ADMINISTER THIS CONTEST. SPONSOR WILL NOT SELL, SHARE OR OTHERWISE DISCLOSE INFORMATION COLLECTED IN ANY MANNER TO THIRD PARTIES, OTHER THAN THOSE PARTIES NECESSARY TO FULFILL THE ABOVE PURPOSES, UNLESS ENTRANT (AND HIS/HER PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN) HAS GIVEN HIS PRIOR EXPRESS CONSENT TO RECEIVE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FROM SPONSOR OR A THIRD PARTY.
19. REQUEST FOR WINNERS' LIST: For a list of winners (available after August 15, 2011), send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope by July 10, 2011 to: Nerf Dart Tag 2011 Contest Winners, P.O. Box 329, Elmhurst, IL 60126.